Untitled



Strange name for a post, but can’t help it because I couldn’t come up with any suitable title for the gamut of feelings I have had which prompted me to write this post.
Deepawali time it is and so are our spirits on an all time high; articulately decorated markets which boast of any and everything that you can possibly want at this time. Everyone at their own respective levels is trying to celebrate this festival with as much fervor as their pockets can allow though, a little stretching beyond doesn’t really matter.
With a festive mood and a clear view of what exactly I want to decorate my place, me along with my family went for the “Great Festive Shopping”.
We had almost done with our things when my sister just said that we could have a pizza without wasting much of our time and I gladly agreed. Just when our car stopped at the designated place, I had scenes before my eyes which made the thoughts in my mind run errands and detached me from what was going around.
There was a small boy, very poor and he was feeding on the leftover pizza corner that somebody might have thrown away. I had a jolt when I realized how happy he was eating that small piece while many of us frown just because the very new “Taco Indiana” isn’t available.
Leaving that kid behind, we entered the pizza shop where again I saw something but this time not dreadful. A family, not really well off at all had come to celebrate the festival and enjoy this once in a year time by feasting on something different. The happiness on their face was clearly evident because this was their one in many chances to spend a bit less carefully than the normal days.
These scenes over and while we were heading home, I had volley of thoughts running in my mind.
Many of us (me no exception to that) frown over how we did not get the right due of how much we worked .We crib because our peers at school or college are earning way more than what we are. We hate our Esteem because our friend just got an I20. Our neighbour just got a raise in his job and so instead of appreciating them for that, we involuntarily get jealous and pass all those not endearing at all remarks that we should not have had. The girl in the hostel got new pair of boots and hell no! How could you not have that? And the PS (whichever version, I know not), why do you not have that? These and many other petty day to day concerns of ours which really shouldn’t be a concern at all.
You may be thinking that I have been acting this somber just because I have seen something today and so I am pitying the poor souls and feeling sorry about all my alleged struggles.
Well friends, it is nothing like that.
In one of my earlier post, I had mentioned that we have no right to pity others. We, if cannot do anything for them, have no right to feel sorry for them too because no matter how it is, it is all their life that they are so gladly living.
I maintain the same even today but there is definitely a point I would like to add to that. We, if we get jealous and hence become sad, should also be happy when we look at someone who is not as accomplished as we are.
I do not say that we should be content of our present situations. Satisfaction brings stagnation in life. We should therefore, when we start feeling sad about other people’s happiness, think of all those who are not even half as happy as us.
Let our jealousy be not that negative emotion that we have always brandished it as. Let it be the inspiration to do well and this will only be possible if we start looking at those who are behind us in this walk of life.
Deepawali, every year brings new things for me but this time, it taught me a lesson for life; a lesson that will transform me into a new and better person.
Hope it gives you your share of lessons too!
Wishing you all a Happy Deepawali!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"GORI" Kahi ki

The new life and some takes..

The Doll..