THE BIG INDIAN HELP

The thought struck me when after getting over with my day’s work I rushed to my office parking, got into my car, applied the back gear, and drove back my car a little trying to adjust its angle enough to be safely away from the other ones that I heard, “Do a little to the left”
Astonished, I stopped and looked up. Ok! I am a “lady” driving a car with an “L” sign on it but doesn’t mean that I need instructions unasked for.
I know that is a big thing to say for a novice like me but even though I would have had taken 5 minutes more, I would surely have taken it out of the parking well. On the contrary, the confusion that resulted because of the constant incessant instructions, I ended up out of my car and a third Uncle ji doing I for me.
This is just one among the gamut of situations we face on a daily basis. However, this is not it; I’ll be discussing countless others.
For those who travel to new places by car, you ask someone for the right path; irrespective of their cognizance about the same, the Samaritan in them would end up telling you his version of the “right way”. You may thus sometimes end up on the wrong road but then, do not frown; let the optimist in you say,”at least someone helped” (TONGUE IN CHEEK)
Then you have your fellow passengers in public transport who are ready to advice you on anything and everything. I wonder how these Mr & Ms KNOW IT ALLs end up travelling with me. Oh God! How dearly I thank you (TIC again).
For the class 10 and above students, they are the most hapless-in need of help breed not according to them but the various Career Gurus around. These students know nothing about what life and career mean and it is thus other people’s headache to enlighten them (TIC for sure).
And then, believe me you really don’t need a doctor till you are seriously ill, you always have your neighbours to consult over such petty matters.
And to top it all, it is all free, u just have to lend a patient ear.
BUT
If you are pulling your scooter up a steep slope, they’ll look at you but won’t come and help you with it. If there is a severely accident hit car, they won’t stop by and take the victims to an hospital. An old lady will keep standing by the road for long but we’ll all be too busy to take her to the other side. A poor little handicapped child would keep crying but we won’t be charitable enough to give him our food. The irony of the situation is that we’ll rather throw it away.
And why go so far, we’d talk of changing the world but helping our mother in kitchen, no point.
Now I’ll tell you where the difference lies.
The difference my friends is that all the time we think we are helping others is the time when we are talking. We believe in preaching, we do not intend to act. We intend to interfere; we do not intend to help.
I know you all must be feeling awkward (not bad) but then all we have learnt to do is “Eat the truth and weep”
We intend not to change!!

Comments

  1. Good one.......

    Awesomely written..... Indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 months in the job and u already own a car!!! Impressive :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Complaint Syndrome

Confessions of a NOT-HOT Girl!

In Your Face!- The Friend Checklist