The Road Usually Taken


(This tell all tale begins with the road construction to its ruthless, yes RUTHLESS demolition)
This story is the truth about majority of roads in India and why we never get to have a happily memorable road travel. I do not blame the workers and the material suppliers but yes! I do blame those “smart asses” at the top who plan so well that we never get to enjoy what we rightfully deserve.
The thought struck me while I was on the threshold of driving my car alone and just to test my instructor asked me to drive through a really “not for novice” area. Ok never mind I was confident enough but a series of shakes brought me out of my euphoric trance.
I thought it was some “you are not using the clutch-gear properly” problem but it was actually the “well built about two months ago” road that was now under “STOP!! Sewage work going ahead”.
This is one of the many situations that we esp. in India encounter quiet frequently. Generally it’s the sewage people (not like the mango people please) who play with our intricately built road. If its not them then we have the telephone people at our service.
The problem is “the planning people DO NOT plan”.
If they really did then the coffin would have been placed before putting mud over, I mean that the sewers and telephone wires would have been laid before constructing the road.
So its like we pay tax for the sake of a better road, we get one and after about a month, we are back to square one.
Add to this the so called highways where no traffic jam means slow moving traffic!!  Ok not always but it used to be the case generally when people thought of and actually found the “great by-passes”. Most of these traffic problems could easily be accounted on cause of the aforementioned. But now, thanks to the “necessity is the mother of invention” adage, we have “fast moving traffic” and highwayish highways.
Now who gets to improve this, ME- NO; YOU- NO; THEM- YES→ ME- YES; YOU- YES!!
Yes we have to make the difference and only we can if we exercise our right to vote and most importantly “our right to act like a sensible being”
If we select a good government, we get a good value of our taxes.
If we don’t; then I have just one thing to say:
I now know why Robert Frost was so insistent to take the road not taken; evidently he was in India that time!!

Comments

  1. आलेख ( आर्टीकल ) में आपने संजिदा मुद्दे पर बहुत ही गम्भीर पक्षों को उकेरा.. बहुत खुब

    अनुराग ( लिब मेम्बर ! )
    शुभकामनायें !
    सादर

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Complaint Syndrome

Confessions of a NOT-HOT Girl!

In Your Face!- The Friend Checklist